Cotton triangle scarf
- Easy to use
- Does not fill much
- Good for supplementing in a first aid bag
Support for injured arm
The triangular scarf is a good addition to the first aid kit. With the scarf, you have the option of tying an arm sling that can relieve and support a damaged arm, shoulder or collarbone.
· The square scarf folds into a triangle
· The damaged arm is placed in the triangle so that the entire forearm and hand are covered.
· Take the two tips and tie them together if necessary. on the side of the neck, as a knot in the neck is uncomfortable for the injured party.
Major bleeding - Improvised pressure dressing
· Roll the scarf into a long piece of fabric that is thickest in the middle.
· Place the center of the bandage over the bleeding area.
· Fold the scarf around the damaged area and turn the ends 180 degrees so that a knot forms at the bleeding area.
· Fold the scarf around the bleeding point once more and finish with a knot that presses down on the bleeding wound.
· The binding must be tight enough to stop bleeding while still allowing the circulation to function.